Is it essential to be a excellent listener?
You must have noticed very often that much of our concentrate is on excellent discussing abilities, but have you ever concerned about excellent hearing abilities.
It is an supposition that hearing is a inactive activity but it is not if you want to do it right.
As a presenter why do we want our viewers to be a excellent listener? Purpose - It increases our comfort and motivates for much entertaining conversation. As it has been appropriately said - "Man's lack of ability to connect is a consequence of his failing to pay attention successfully."
Following are some of the guidelines to accomplish better hearing skills
1. Concentrate on knowing the slogan of conversation rather than concerning about getting notes
2. Always display your passion by your face expression, position and the concerns that you ask
3. Always try to use the subjects mentioned and rephrase in your terms, using your own situation
4. Never task the presenter, task the idea
5. Never be quick in placing forth your factor, provide your believed a while and then describe why you disagree
6. To be able to regard the presenter you must do what you have discovered from him
Seven C's of Efficient Communication
- Offer all necessary information
- Response all concerns asked
- Offer additional details, when desirable
- Remove wordy expressions
- Consist of only appropriate material
- Prevent repetition
- Concentrate on You instead of 'I' or 'We'
- Show viewers advantage or attention in the receiver
- Highlight on beneficial facts
- Use particular details and figures
- Put activity in your verb
- Select stunning, picture developing words
- Select accurate and acquainted words
- Build effective phrases and paragraphs
- Be honest, pleased and appreciative
- Use expression that reveals respect
- Select non-discriminatory expressions
- Use the right stage of language
- Examine the precision of numbers, details and words
- Sustain appropriate composing mechanics
Hurdles of effective communication
3 factors that needs to be kept in thoughts when looking for to create circumstances for effective interaction are,
- We must predict to be misinterpreted by at least some of our audience and readers
- We must predict to misunderstand others
- We can endeavor to decrease the stage of such misconception, but we can never completely get rid of it or predict all possible out comes.